All household needs a plumber at some point of time when they are faced with problems pertaining to their leaking pipes / taps or spoilt sanitary fixtures.
What is a PUB Licensed Plumber?
A licensed plumber is one that is equipped with years of plumbing experience and have taken various assessment to be PUB licensed plumbers.
The Purpose of these assessment aims to upgrade industry’s standards by streamlining the operations of water service and sanitary plumbing – through training, licensing of qualified plumbers and enforcement against non-compliance with PUB’s rules and regulations
What Can Non-Licensed Plumbers Do?
Non Certified Plumbers can carry out the following simple plumbing works:
Water Service Works (Potable Water)
1. Replacing or removing any tap or mixer.
2. Replacing or removing any of the following accessories connected to a tap:
(a) a shower hose or a showerhead;
(b) a connecting hose with a spring-loaded self-closing nozzle;
(c) a connecting hose to a washing machine or a dish washer; or
(d) a flexible hose.
3. Replacing or removing any pipe between a stop valve and an instantaneous water heater.
4. Replacing or removing any of the following parts of a flushing cistern:
(a) any flushing mechanism;
(b) any flexible hose after the ball valve.
Sanitary Works (Used Water)
1. Installing, replacing or removing:
(a) any washbasin or sink, including any bottle trap or fitting trap below the washbasin or sink;
(b) any bathtub, shower tray, or shower enclosure;
(c) any floor waste outlet; or
(d) any pipe conveying sullage water into a floor trap.
(a) any floor trap grating or cover; or
(b) any floor waste grating or cover.
3. Installing, replacing or removing any urinal, including any fitting trap or any pipe connecting the urinal to a urinal trap.
4. Installing, altering, replacing or removing any pipe for or appurtenance related to the conveyance of industrial effluent within an industrial premises.
5. Clearing any blockage in any floor trap, water closet or sanitary appliance.
6. Clearing and flushing any discharge pipe, ventilating pipe, drain-line, fitting, floor trap, inspection chamber, grease trap, pump or any other appurtenance related to the conveyance of sewage or sullage water from any sanitary appliance or sanitary facility to a sewerage system.
How to check if a plumber is PUB licensed?
Individuals who are interested to find out if the plumber they are engaging is certified can visit PUB website https://www.pub.gov.sg/compliance/plumbingworks/licensedplumbers
You will be required to login via your Singpass to check